I had a LOT of lemons so I needed to create some kind of happy ending. I invested time and money in making this gradated cloth. Some was so bad I over-dyed it. Now I needed some positive action
I decided to make a rail fence so I cut one 45"square of fabric into 1.5" X 4.5" strips. I had a mountain. Next I tried to make bundles of four strips that had the same colors. I had so many pieces that were three perfect matches but a fourth was hard to conjure up. I sewed the strips together pair by pair, each two pairs making one block 4.5" by 4.5".
Then I laid out the blocks in a pleasing pattern as best as I could.
I stacked each row and sewed them into strips then I sewed the strips together into one piece.
Now the big challenge is how to finish this into something useful.