One of the fun things I like to do is treat the edges of the paper. I've done this before on this blog in my sketchbook in the past. I am planning more edges but here is what I have so far.
This one was done with a sheet of paper as a mask along the edge. I laid down some graphite then smeared it with my finger towards the edge of the paper. The little marks are ink "stitches".
This edge was just scalloped then pierced with a hole puncher. I have done both of these before but I never get tired of doing them.
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not