05 September 2016

New plan for the "Rail Fence"

I started the dyeing for a "Rail Fence" patterned table cover for my new tiny table. Now that we moved down stairs we have lost a lot of room. I am moving the previous 30 X 45 table upstairs into the guest suite for company. There is also a microwave and refrigerator in that room in case you are thinking of visiting!! 
This is the new table we are using in our eating area (small). It is an IKEA buy after my last pilgrimage. It is rated "heavy duty" for commercial use.

The top is 30 X 30 giving us enough room for a shoe rack and chair near the door. This is what matters when you age (smile).

OK, this was the original plan. I made a multi-colored dye and planned to make a "rail fence" quilt our of it. The Problem? Too much yellow and red. I thought there would be a lot more blending of dyes. Not so much.







You may not know but if it isn't blue, green, purple or turquoise, I'm really not that interested. So I did a re-do:







The new piece looks pale but it is the lighting. It actually looks very nice. Today I started sewing and hope to have it done but this evening. Final goal a 45" square quilted table cover. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. i am staying tuned! As you know, I love how you dive right in to your creations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what a rail fence quilt is. But I like the colors, the first one and the re-dyed one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww, so nice, I love them!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments. Thanks for visiting