I am working on this "auction" quilt and I decided to back it with dyed fabric instead of plain white (boring). I washed 5 yards in the washer then dumped it in my cement mixer - the BEST piece of kit for dyeing large quantities of fabric or wetting paper for paste paper or dipping paper before printing or soaking silk screens. I am guessing it is 2 X 3. This is the fabric for the quilt backing.
The best part is that YOU TOO can have a cement mixer for about $6. from Home Depot. They are right next to the Sakrete mix. Look up; they are usually on the shelf above.
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not