I am leaving today for my two day drive to Columbus Ohio. I will be staying with Judith's daughter, Ellen, and attending "Design Boot Camp" with Terry Jarrard Dimond at the Crow Barn.
Before I leave I want to share the first foray into the new Sketchbook. It is always so hard to open a blank book and make the first mark so my plan was to finish the old book and go right into the new book on the same day.
Inside cover of the book and the first page. I was trying to use up some of the black acrylic paint I had.
Trying to blot off the paint from the pouncer and the other page has a sheet of paint covered waxed paper on it.
These are my "daily" sketches I am doing along with Laura Kemshall on her blog this month. I haven't done any sketching/watercolors in earnest in a long time. You can tell.
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not