The Oncology unit at my hospital had a great raffle - actually many raffles with big prizes like a new kayak, and an all expenses paid weekend on Monhegan Island. I wanted the quilt and even though many fantasies of me winning it were had, the quilt eluded me.
I decided to start my own new quilt and in the interest of ever getting it done will use the quilt as you go method.
I made my grandson a wonderful quilt (check it out) about 3 years ago called 20 moons. Each of the "moons" was quilted in a different quilt design, one being a spider web with it's own metallic thread spider. I will be using the same idea with the purple background and olive orbs. Not sure yet what the theme might be yet but I am in great need of a new quilt. So this is my start point complete with color catchers.
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- MidCoast Surface Design Workshops
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye