When we arrived there was a sheet of 18 X 24 Rive paper (cream) on our table. We were to use this as an under sheet to protect the table from messes. On day 3 we cut it into tiny pieces and used long stitch to sew 3 sheet signatures. Then we used embroidery floss to weave the signatures together. Tedious with a beautiful outcome. If you look, you can see all my mistakes... The book is 2.5" X 3.5"
These were all unintentional marks made while working for 3 days. We sewed the signatures with waxed linen and left the tails long. I braided mine.
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?