First I have two photos of my tea cozy which was strictly utilitarian until Nienke suggested it was a bit bland for an artist's cozy which I then dyed. I took a picture of it laying dead on the table with frayed edges so now it has serged edges and is gracing my tea pot.
After show and tell, Judith and I tried to carve stamps from left-over laminate flooring fom Brian's room. We had limited success but at my urging, Judith took all the remaining scraps homes to work with.
It seems the foam backing on the flooring was formulated to withstand moisture so printing was problematic both with black ink
and red acrylic paint
The fuzzy image was printed on a hard surface; the crisp image on my padded ironing table.
foam side with my embroidered piece in the works behind it.
first smacked piece
Looking through Plexiglas smacker at paste on paper
Smacker after lifting
Below is the paste paper I made
Kind of a sampler of designs I like
The other half of the spectrum print
Cretacolor aqua sticks (water soluble pastels - highly pigmented)
wood graining tool for false wood grain (see below)
and last but not least
This will be your only warning....mwahhahaha