I'm glad I tested the dyes to verify their strength. Here is the swatch.
From this test I can see I have at LEAST 3 good primaries: The larger Intense Blue, both Sun Yellow and Golden Yellow, Fuchsia and Turquoise. The black is weak but I have a bit of "new" black from the shiori dyeing bottles which I didn't test since they are rather new. I will think up some color combinations and do at least 4 tray dyes and document it. They will be finished batching tomorrow. I usually post at 5am but tomorrow I will have to wash, dry and iron the batched fabric after I get home about 10am. See you then...
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?