Rosalita came over today to break up a boring week. We worked on her blog and created a new email account for her. We watched a few DMTV (Linda and Laura Kemshall) programs and did a "What if?"
Here are the results:
The top pic is dyna-flow color on Habotai silk with rubbing alcohol dripped on then when we got bored watching it we added salt.
The second piece was cranberry red dyna-flow with water and then we sprinkled on some salt. Habotai is great for experiments because it dries so quickly.
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye
- Handling soy wax and thickened dye
- Necessities or Not