Even though my brother was visiting (telecommuting 4 hrs a day), I was still able to get 2 quilts done.
The first one is a hoot. I call it Blue Eyes and it is a self portrait.
Get it? Blue eyes? I'm still laughing.
The next is called Kitty and is a portrait of my beautiful and talented daughter Meredith's cat.
There is a LOT of thread painting on this quilt. Kitty has beaded whisker spots and a hand made (by me) ceramic bead with CAT on it.
It's been a great summertime week for a kid out of school!
- Deconstructed screen printing
- Make a Stamp from a Photo
- Simple Batik Tutorial
- Unique Batik Tutorial
- Best EVER book covers
- Tray Dyeing Tutorial
- Dyeing embroidery thread
- Framing - 3 ways
- The Art Greenhouse
- MidCoast Surface Design Workshops
- Paste Paper
- Rice Bags
- All About Thermofax Screens
- What is a thermofax screen and how do I use it?
- Making your own sketchbooks two ways
- Travel Sketchbook with Removable Signatures
- Making screens for silk screening - 2 ways
- Avery Note Tab Stencil
- Make your own permanent Gelli plate
- How to snow dye